Highlights from our webinar on the Evolution of Public Affairs from an EU perspective
On Thursday 5th November Hanson Search hosted a panel event to explore the Evolving role of Public Affairs within the EU.
Over decades, the scope and approach to Public Affairs have been shaped by constantly changing environments.
Coming a long way, Public Affairs has finally won its place at the table. Previously seen as a service unit, Public Affairs has demonstrated the value-add to businesses, helping them to become trusted partners to governments. Public Affairs can not only protect a company's reputation but also expand its business and creating a sustainable environment.
We gathered a diverse panel of industry experts to discuss the trends impacting the function, from transparency to activism and digital science; and to share their insights and points of view on the state of play of Public Affairs and its future.
Featuring our expert panel:
- Markus Weidling, Partner at Interel Berlin, Germany
- Andras Baneth, Managing Director at the Public Affairs Council, European Office, Belgium
- Piero Crivellaro, Head of Public Affairs at Amazon Milan, Italy
- Louise Harvey, Non-Executive Chair of the FTI Consulting Strategic Communications practice, Brussels
In our discussion they explored the following:
- How the role of Public Affairs has changed
- What positive trends have impacted Public Affairs
- How to structure a PA function from a business leader point of view
- Diversity in the industry, a work in progress
For more highlights and top tips from the discussion, feel free to view here:
Hanson Search regularly hosts events and workshops offering structured advice and industry insights on relevant topics. To keep you updated on our news and events, sign up here so that we can stay in touch!