WEBINAR: The ESG trends arising & accelerating as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic
As the global health crisis extends into 2021, the seismic human, economic and financial impacts of COVID-19 continue to grow.
The last 12 months have raised many important, but conflicting, questions - if we can drastically change our behaviour to fight a viral pandemic, can we also do so to avert a climate disaster? Alternatively, will we now be more focused on simply putting food on the table and getting through the recession?
The crisis has undoubtedly underscored the relevance of ESG considerations to company performance and investment returns. While we expect this will continue to influence corporate and investor actions going forward, there remains a debate around the extent to which the pandemic will ultimately strengthen sustainability commitments.
On Tuesday 9th March 2021 at 8.30am GMT, Hanson Search and FTI Consulting have joined forces to host a webinar to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on all things related to environmental, social and governance. A panel of industry experts will be discussing the trends arising (or accelerating) as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic and sharing the global mitigation measures they think will play out over the course of the year, affecting the longer-term landscape.
Our Panel of Experts:
- Katie Simpson, Chair, MD Corporate Affairs, Hanson Search
- Helen Nowicka, UK Head of Sustainability, FTI Consulting
- Charlene Cranny, Former Communications Director at UKSIF
- Claudine Blamey, Head of Sustainability & Digital Strategy, Argent LLP
- Betsy Reed, Social & Environmental Sustainability Advisor, Author, Speaker, Podcast host, Fellow of the RSA (FRSA)
We will discuss the following:
- An overview of key trends in E, S and G in 2021
- How COVID-19 has amplified ESG awareness and expectations among investors, public policy makers and consumers
- How ESG investment is accelerating, pushing investor demand for enhanced ESG-related disclosure and data
- How 2020 has seen increased focus on the 'S' - i.e. social factors, including workplace safety and customer engagement
- The regulatory requirements and societal concerns that are driving increased corporate and investor action on climate change, and the importance of COP26 for UK PLC
- Recommendations for corporations on ways to effectively evolve their ESG approach
Sign up on the link below to receive your VC Zoom details: