*Application is now closed for this role, please view other opportunities or submit your CV in the form below to be updated on other similar roles.
Our client, World Nuclear Association, is looking for a Head of Communication and Marketing to join its Senior Leadership team to lead and deliver the Association’s communication and marketing strategy.
Reporting to the Director General, and as a member of the Senior Leadership team, the Head of Communication and Marketing manages their public information and advocacy, and drives the promotion of the Association’s activities via various communication channels and digital platforms.
Working closely with the internal departments, the role is responsible for developing innovative marketing, communication and brand strategies which are aligned to the Association’s strategic objectives, establishing relationships with media outlets and handling public relations issues that arise.
- Actively contribute to the long-term strategic planning and direction of the Association; support the daily management and development of the Association and ensure all activities are aligned with delivery of the strategy.
- Develop and implement the strategic and operational plans for the Communication & Marketing Department
- Working closely with the Director of Finance, prepare the annual departmental budget; responsible for management of the budget and provision of regular reporting and analysis to the SLT.
- Leadership and direction of the Communication & Marketing team; empowering the team with the leadership, development and resources they need to successfully deliver their roles.
- Develop and execute a cohesive communication & marketing strategy for all Association activities, targeting key media to ensure that the Association’s voice and message is heard; oversee planning, coordination and delivery of campaigns.
- Develop and deliver a communication strategy that identifies the key media stakeholders, and an engagement plan for target organisations which supports delivery of the Association’s strategic objectives; set the direction, maintain and leverage existing relationships, and oversee the development of the relationships, delegating where appropriate.
- Maintain current and up-to-date awareness, knowledge and understanding of external factors impacting the nuclear energy industry and/or the Association in order to react, communicate and co-ordinate appropriate, timely and effective responses.
- Ensure the Association’s crisis communication strategy is up-to-date, robust, fit for purpose and executed when required.
- Oversight of the drafting and publishing of articles and papers that provide thought leadership on key issues affecting the industry.
- Oversight and direction of the Association’s online information services (Information Library, Nuclear Essentials, Reactor Database), online and printed reports and publications, and the daily reporting on nuclear industry developments via World Nuclear News.
- Drive the Association’s social media strategy, embracing the latest digital technologies and social media trends, to increase brand awareness and external engagement, in line with the Association’s strategic objectives.
- Report on the performance of communication and marketing activities against agreed KPIs, demonstrating return on investment, in order to inform decisions on future activities.
- Develop a long-term plan for the development of the Association’s brands; lead research and development on rebranding nuclear energy internationally.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the Association’s communication and marketing activities, to ensure they remain at the forefront of modern techniques; continuously develop knowledge of the latest in communication and marketing techniques, undertake benchmarking activities and remain abreast of current relevant developments.
- Direct and oversee marketing research activities, to better understand the needs of our different audiences, to ensure the Association remains relevant, up-to-date and continues to deliver products and services that meet their requirements.
- Oversight of the Communication Group, contribute to its strategy and direction to ensure it supports the Association’s strategic objectives; monitor and report on operational performance, output and impact of the Group.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, business, or related field.
- Proven track record of strong, successful leadership, gained within a marketing & communications environment, from strategic planning and the development of engaging content, to targeted and productive dissemination.
- A proven strong track record of crafting and managing messaging, together with a strong understanding of PR strategy and the dynamics of media relations.
- Professional experience of strategically developing digital communication channels: websites, social media, e-mail marketing.
- Experience of brand advocacy and management.
- Professional knowledge of copyright laws, data protection and privacy laws.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant programmes, such as Photoshop, social media dashboard, Google Analytics.
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th September 2023
If you have the relevant experience and this opportunity sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with Katie Simpson on firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your CV as soon as possible via the form below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. You can access our Diversity and Inclusion Policy here.
Please click here to find out about more about Hanson Search.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs