A global technology giant ranked within the Top 10 Highest Brand value is looking for their next experienced Senior Government Relations Manager in the UK. This company is a multinational conglomerate that operates across a range of popular services and products, sold and utilised across the world.
In the role of Senior Government Relations Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Government & External Relations and help this global corporate to further enhance their reputation and relationship with government to adopt policies that support the business and wider society. This is a chance to grow, work and put your stamp upon a truly transnational corporation that offers significant benefits and opportunities for exponential career enhancement and development.
- Identify key policy/political issues and events that will require appropriate strategies in response – then successfully drive these strategic plans in line with agreed company positions
- Raise awareness and drive the brand through maintenance and building of relationships with government officials in Westminster and Whitehall
- Provide succinct written and verbal briefs for colleagues and team member to help them understand policy developments and the implications on the company as well as frequent internal communication and reporting to update the wider team
- Management of day-to-day relations with trade associations ensuring such bodies represent the company’s views and act as company representative within the relevant working groups
- Work closely with colleagues to effectively deliver Government Relations events or company events to influence policy and key stakeholders
- Development of a practical issues management system to quickly identify and nullify any potential issues that may affect the business going forwards
- Strong networks and links across government along with excellent understanding of the UK political process and how Government develops policy
- Expert analytical skills to quickly identify how policy will affect the business combined with the ability to explain complex issues in a succinct manner to colleagues and the rest of the wider team
- Experience within a large organisation (public or private sector) or experience within an agency of in-house role
- Strong relationship building skills with strong interpersonal skills to present confidently and confer well with Government officials as well as internal colleagues
- Able to work under pressure to tight time scales with experience of drawing up and executing Government Affairs programmes with success
If you have the relevant experience and this opportunity sounds interesting, then please get in touch with a copy of your CV as soon as possible via the form below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs