Our client is one of the world’s most prominent providers of smart supply chain logistics, responsible for 10% of the world’s logistical movement across the globe with a significant presence both in high-growth and mature markets. They prioritise the most efficient and industry leading technology whilst guaranteeing a sustainable and positive impact on economies and societies globally.
As Head of Government Relations & Public Affairs EU you are expected to partner with policymakers and NGOs in Brussels and across the EU. It is key to maintain a strong understanding of the political environment and drivers for government and civil society stakeholders and to be in tune with the cultures, societies and nuances of the countries making up the region. This is a new role within the organisation, so the crucial first goals are to build an effective regional Government Relations and Public Affairs capability and position yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Providing guidance and up-to-date insight into the political processes, personalities within the government and civil society for the EU countries, in order to create credible strategies.
- Managing key relationships with EU government stakeholders and identify business threats and opportunities due to statutory and legislative government action and provide support to business leaders in their engagement with stakeholders.
- Setting up systems for collecting, interpreting and disseminating intelligence from politics, government and related sectors as reliable input for corporate and business decision-making.
- Putting in place advocacy plans including the setting of desired policy outcomes and engagement programmes in alignment with the functions and in-country resources.
- Maintaining absolute compliance with the government, transparency and ethical requirements and keeping abreast of the government policies, finance, tax and regulatory developments that impact the business.
- Providing leverage upon the formal workings of government to support the desired outcomes of the company and their wider business objectives.
- At least 12 years’ experience in Government Relations/Public Affairs in strategic, analytical or business setting.
- Deep understanding of the EU political landscape, with substantial networks across the relevant bodies in Brussels; Considerable experience in the European Union regulatory framework and processes.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work effectively across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders with ability to multi-task in highly fluid situations.
- Strong influence and motivational skillset with some experience of Issues and Crisis Management.
- Exceptional analyst with knowledge of governance and business control frameworks with ability to work effectively in cross cultural and diverse stakeholder environments.
- Outstanding communicator; excellent command of English in written and spoken form required; advanced command of the Spanish language is a significant advantage.
If you have the relevant experience and this opportunity sounds interesting, then please get in touch with a copy of your CV as soon as possible via the form below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs