We are working with one of the world’s most prominent providers of smart logistics solutions. Our client is responsible for 10% of the world’s logistical movement across the globe. They prioritise the most efficient and industry leading technology whilst guaranteeing a sustainable and positive impact on economies and societies globally.
In their bid to grow further still, our client is searching for a Head of Government Relations & Public Affairs. This role has a particular focus within the USA and the ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding the political environment and stakeholders across the local, regional and federal landscapes. As Head of Government Relations & Public Affairs you will report to the VP of External Relations and must be able to enhance the positioning of our client favourably with governments and civil society across the Americas.
- As Head of Government Relations & Public Affairs you will be expected to work closely with government to shape regulatory frameworks and influence policy to best position the company in alignment with their interests
- Navigate relationships and key engagements with governments and civil society stakeholders and monitor legislative and regulatory governmental actions across local, regional and federal levels
- Identify threats to the business from statutory and legislative government actions and mitigate risks ensuring absolute compliance with applicable government ABC, transparency and ethical standards
- Work closely with businesses and functions to secure opportunities and manage risks with carefully devised advocacy plans in cooperation with the businesses, functions and in-country resources
- Able to share the best GR & PA practices with different representatives and businesses whilst actively developing local resources in-country and map relationships with government and civil society stakeholders
- The position of Head of Government Relations & Public Affairs role requires at least 12 years of experience in US government, diplomatic and Regulatory Affairs/Government Relations and PA roles as well as strategic consulting, analytical and business
- Comprehensive knowledge of governance and business control and regulatory frameworks with experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels in addition to issues and crisis management
- A strong negotiator with exceptional analytical skills and the ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and diverse stakeholder environments
- Ability to multi-task and manage complex situations with a positive attitude and strong influencing and motivational skills to drive other members of the team
- Exceptional command of the English language (both written & spoken) and advanced level Spanish would be a significant advantage
If you have the relevant experience and this opportunity sounds interesting, then please get in touch with a copy of your CV as soon as possible via the form below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs