*Application is now closed for this role, please view other opportunities or submit your CV in the form below.
Working for this exciting and fast-moving, global travel company, the PR Manager is responsible for all media relations for the UK & Ireland with a strong focus on consumer and trade media. This important role will help increase consumer and trade-facing brand awareness as the company continues to grow and expand its presence in the UK & Ireland. The right candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced international organisation and have a proven track record of building strong relationships with a broad cross-section of the media but with a particular strength in consumer media.
- Work to develop and implement the UK & Ireland media relations strategy (including building brand strength, promoting product and marketing campaigns) by translating the business goals into communications strategies and programmes.
- Lead external agency support and ensure efforts are aligned according to commercial priorities and strategies as well providing seamless execution and outstanding results.
- Own and nurture close relationships with key journalists to pitch and cultivate story developments.
- Plan, organise and deliver regular press trips and UK aspects of global events including accompanying media on board.
- Adapt and edit global press releases and draft local releases, talking points, presentations, scripts and factsheets.
- Develop locally relevant media assets such as photography and video.
- Support the integration with Marketing and Sales teams for consumer and trade activations.
- Work with HQ on the management of issues & crises.
- Monitor results of activities against set KPIs and generate reports to share with the wider UK business.
- Research, analyse and report on competitors’ communications impact in UK & Ireland.
- Manage the annual PR budget.
- Line manager responsibilities for the PR Executive.
- BA degree required
- At least 5 years’ relevant media relations experience either in an agency or in-house.
- Experience in the travel or hospitality sector is an advantage but not essential.
- Independent, self-starter, action and result-oriented media relations professional.
- First-class written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solutions-oriented approach to tasks with the ability to use initiative to problem-solve.
- Keen attention to detail with a critical-thinking mindset.
- Demonstrate a track record of having supported and contributed to the successful delivery of media relations activations, building differentiated positioning for high-profile brands, ideally in a highly-competitive business environment.
- This role includes frequent travel for events and press trips.
If you have the relevant experience and this opportunity sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with a copy of your CV as soon as possible via the form below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs