*Application is now closed for this role, please view other opportunities or submit your CV in the form below.
We are working with one of the world’s most prominent providers of smart logistics solutions. Our client is responsible for 10% of the world’s logistical movement across the globe. They prioritise the most efficient and industry leading technology whilst guaranteeing a sustainable and positive impact on economies and societies globally.
In their bid to grow further still, our client is searching for an experienced Manager Government Relations & Public Affairs UK to create key strategies and systems for interpreting and disseminating key ideas and issues from UK politics to ensure better business decision-making. As Manager Government Relations & Public Affairs UK you will report into the VP of External Affairs and identify key policy/political issues and events that will require appropriate strategies and plans for response.
- To advise on key political issues and provide guidance and critical insight into the political processes, personalities within government and civil society across the UK – provide up-to-date information on policy, country and stakeholder analysis to create credible strategies
- Manage key relationships with UK government stakeholders and identify business threats and opportunities due to statutory and legislative government action and provide support to business leaders and the wider UK & EU team in their engagement with stakeholders
- Create and put in place advocacy plans including the setting out of desired policy outcomes and engagement programmes in alignment with the functions and in-country resources
- Maintain absolute compliance with the relevant government ABC, transparency and ethical requirements and keep abreast of UK government policies, finance, tax and regulatory developments that impact the business
- Provide leverage upon the formal workings of government to support the desired outcomes of the company and their wider business objectives
- Development of local resources and share Government Relations and Public Affairs best practices with business members whilst ensuring coordination GR & PA
- At least 10 years’ experience within UK government and diplomatic or Regulatory and Government/Public Affairs in strategic, analytical or business setting
- Deep understanding of UK government with substantial networks across the UK government within Westminster and Whitehall with considerable experience in UK regulatory frameworks and processes a requirement
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work effectively across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders with ability to multi-task in highly fluid situations
- Strong influence and motivational skillset with some experience of Issues and Crisis Management
- Exceptional analyst with knowledge of governance and business control frameworks with ability to work effectively in cross cultural and diverse stakeholder environments
If you have the relevant experience and this opportunity sounds interesting, then please get in touch with a copy of your CV as soon as possible via the form below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs