Do you want to join a fast growing independent and award-winning organisation as their new Communications Director?
We have partnered with Lie Detectors, a European-wide, journalist led organisation that works to address disinformation and its risks to democracy by empowering young people and their teachers to sort fact from fiction online and understand how professional journalism works.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be a key member of the senior leadership team, responsible for developing and embedding a global communications strategy across country teams and providing a communications perspective in the planning and implementation of Lie Detectors’ expansion.
- Lead the process shaping the internal and external comms strategy to increase visibility and impact
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with media contacts in the countries in which Lie Detectors operates
- Lead on identifying communications-level risk mitigation measures for the organisation
- Ensure the production and distribution of top-quality content on the website and through various channels social media channels
- Support country programme teams in achieving visibility and influence at a national level in countries where Lie Detectors is active
- Be a part of the Senior Management Team and provide a comms perspective on all discussed topics
- A highly organised individual who can communicate with the organisation’s large global community of volunteers, journalists, teaching and policy communities
- Familiarity with EU policy advocacy and an understanding and experience leading communications for an advocacy-oriented organisation
- A strong track record of developing and sustaining strong relationships with media contacts
- Well versed at the production and distribution of content aimed at different audiences
- Skilled at translating complex data into insights and adapting/interpreting that information for an expert audience
- A data-driven, well-networked, organised team player who has strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and advance multiple steams of work while ensuring attention to strategic priorities
- Experience as a line manager who has overseen the performance management and professional development of team members
If you have the relevant experience and this opportunity sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with a copy of your CV as soon as possible via the form below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs