CommsChat is a weekly Twitter chat on Monday evenings from 8 to 9pm with several “guest Twitterers” discussing topical subjects in PR, comms and marketing. It’s the largest Twitter chat of its sort in Europe, with one recent chat generating 1,961,806 impressions, reaching an audience of 217,244! The communications job marketplace has always been a competitive one. Now, with the rise of apprenticeships and training-based qualifications, a competitive industry has become an even more crowded one. On Monday 8th April Alice Weightman will be joining Comms Chat to discuss the latest trends and challenges facing communications hopefuls. The topics are below:
- How is recruiting for communications specifically different than acting as generalist recruiters?
- What are the challenges facing the UK & European communications industry?
- Do specialisations within the industry – content, SEO, social media – present a challenge?
- Has the growth of the tech industry in Britain created different kinds of jobs and encouraged different kinds of people into communications?
- Where is recruitment headed over the next five years?