Breakfast Briefing: From startup to scaleup, how to create the environment to thrive in a fast-growth business
*This event took place on 23 May 2018. Read all the highlights on our blog here: How to thrive in a fast-growth business
Fast-growth businesses face unique challenges when it comes to scaling and growing. While other businesses have the luxury of time – time to mull over hiring choices, time to contemplate the right organisational structure, even time to build a diversity strategy - fast-growth businesses need to make decisions in a short space of time. But in order for businesses to thrive, those decisions have to be the right ones the first time around.
On Wednesday 23 May, Hanson Search CEO Alice Weightman will chair an all-star panel to help you navigate the most important decisions your growing business will face, featuring:
- Alice Lankester, Head of Marketing at Balderton Capital, with 20+ years in marketing and product roles in Silicon Valley, working for technology startups and early growth stage companies
- Katy Turner, Managing Partner & Co-founder at Multiple and former CMO at Tech City UK, with 15+ years experience in the technology space, including in enterprise, startups and venture capital
- Gary Stewart, Director of Wayra UK and Telefónica Open Future_ (UK). Previously, Gary co-founded Nuroa.es, a Barcelona start-up that raised over €4M in funding before being sold to an Australian competitor.
- Michael Laws, Head of People & Talent at Bulb, with 15+ years in talent development, recruitment and executive search
We will explore the following questions, and more:
- How and when to recruit the right people
- How to structure your teams from the outset
- The cost of making a bad hire in highly competitive markets
- The most enticing benefits packages
- Innovations in hiring, benefits, and diversity practices
- Scaling your brand
This event will take place at the Club at the Ivy. It's free for Ivy members and guests of Hanson Search. Complimentary tea, coffee, and pastries will be served prior to the discussion.
If you'd like to be added to the guest list, please contact email@example.com