PRWeek Jobs is hosting a live Q&A on Thursday 29 September to quiz the experts - including our own Alice Weightman
Do you want to know how to stand out in your online job application and progress your PR career? You could be looking for the next step in your PR career. You might be moving from another communications role or another industry entirely. Or perhaps you’re at the start of your career and looking for your first job in PR. PRWeek Jobs have assembled a panel of experts who will be on hand on Thursday 29 September from 1-2pm to answer your questions about how to attract recruiters’ attention when applying for jobs online and what to expect once you have applied. Our CEO Alice Weightman will offer her advice and best practice tips on working with recruiters. For instance, how to prepare yourself for that first call or meeting? Should you follow up with them? If so, how long should you wait before doing so? How often should you check in? What should you say when you do speak to them? This is your chance to ask all this and more.
Panellists will include:
- Guest expert: Alice Weightman - CEO & founder of Hanson Search and The Work Crowd
- Tony Bennett - Recruitment sales director, PRWeek Jobs
- James Butters - Sales manager, PRWeek Jobs
Quiz our experts about:
- How to make the most of online job boards, including 'dos and don'ts'
- How to get the best response from recruiters
- What to do once you have applied
- Best ways to approach recruiters if you want to move industries
- CV and cover letter tips
And any other questions! The Q&A takes place on the PRWeek Jobs LinkedIn Group. Please request to join the group if you are not already a member. If you're unable to make the chat on 29 September, you can post your questions on PRWeek Jobs in advance, tweet them @PRWeekJobs or @aliceweightman using the hashtag #PRcareerQA or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org who can post them for you anonymously.