Webinar Highlights: Representation, recruitment, and retention of black and ethnic minorities in PR and communications
Lack of representation is a serious issue within the PR and communications industry, with nine out of ten (91%) identifying as white according to the CIPR state of the profession report 2020. There are various initiatives to help tackle this disappointing reality, as an executive search firm, we are aware that we also have a key role to play and are committed to helping to create a better work environment and fairer working world for all. We also understand that an inclusive and diverse workforce is achieved through both employer and employee engagement.
Hanson Search hosted a panel event on 14th October 2021 for both employers and candidates to help professionals from black and minority ethnic backgrounds who are often marginalized in the workplace to help accelerate their careers within PR and communications industry.
Topics that were discussed:
- Exploring recruitment and retention to understand how bias and prejudice can arise in the recruitment process and how to address it.
- Understanding the importance of meaningful engagement which leads to retention, and how an inclusive workforce equates to a thriving business model.
- Tips and tools for employers to expand their understanding of how bias and prejudice can arise in the recruitment process.
Alice Weightman, CEO & founder Hanson Search chaired the panel event joined by:
- Kamiqua Pearce - Founder of UK Black Communications Network
- Charlene Brown - CEO & co-founder of Howlett Brown
- Jo-ann Robertson - CEO Ketchum
For more highlights and insights from the discussion, you can watch the webinar back here:
Hanson Search regularly hosts events and workshops offering structured advice and industry insights on relevant topics. To keep you updated on our news and events, sign up here so that we can stay in touch!