Employee Experience; Sustaining Culture in a Hybrid World
On the 8th September, Hanson Search co-hosted a panel event with sister company The Work Crowd to discuss how businesses can build and maintain culture in an increasingly hybrid world.
Businesses are facing an unprecedented set of challenges with the creation of new working practices. In this webinar we cover the trends arising (or accelerating) as a consequence of the changing nature of work, how organizations can cultivate a culture that adapts to hybrid working and what to expect from 2022 and the longer-term landscape.
In our discussion we explored the following:
- An overview of key trends in internal communications / employee engagement & experience
- How culture can be built & nurtured in an ever increasingly virtual world
- Managers discretion; how will the future of work and successful culture be optimised across organisations
- How the cost-of-living crisis has amplified awareness and expectations among employees over more flexible working arrangement
- Recommendations for corporations on ways to effectively evolve their employee communications
For more highlights and insights from the discussion, you can watch the webinar back here:
Our Panel of Experts:
- Neil Cuthbertson: Chair, Associate Partner, Hanson Search
- Sarah-Jane Wakefield: Director, Head of Employee Communications & Engagement, Hawthorn Advisors
Sarah-Jane specialises in employee comms and engagement with over 20 years of experience in global corporate communications, employee engagement, leadership communications, and organisational and cultural transformation.
She is currently a Director and Head of Employee Communications and Engagement at Hawthorn Advisors, where she joined from Standard Chartered Bank. She is an experienced strategic and trusted c-suite advisor providing counsel across a diverse portfolio. Sarah-Jane holds an MBA in Communications and Leadership and is a fellow of the Institute of Internal Communications and an Accredited Practitioner of the Chartered Institute of PR.
- Sarah Howe: Director & Independent Advisor, Sustainable Communications
Sarah has extensive leadership experience in global, corporate communications, reputation management and transformation, both in-house and in consultancy and has advised many different brands, organisations and their leaders across the world at Board level.
- Jana Single: Director, Internal Communications, London Stock Exchange Group
Jana Single started her career in marketing, but the opportunity to support a major internal transformation project led her to specialise in internal communications. She currently spends her time engaging internal audiences at LSEG in her role as Internal Communications Director, Divisions & Campaigns, at London Stock Exchange Group.
Jana has over 15 years’ experience in strategic internal communications, covering transformation and change management, mergers and acquisitions and employee engagement. She has an MA in Strategic Communication and is a member of the Chartered Institute of PR.
About The Work Crowd:
The Work Crowd is a freelance marketplace connecting businesses to the best freelance talent globally across the PR, Communications and Marketing mix.
The technology is being used to help business build and manage their freelance work force, driving better engagement, centralizing freelance skills and saving recruitment fees!