Britain 2023 - The year ahead in politics
We are delighted to host our annual webinar on the year ahead in politics, on Thursday 2nd February at 9am GMT.
2023 was another tumultuous year for British politics, with new prime ministers, a new monarch, a serious economic shock and the onset of a recession. We also saw the cost-of-living crisis set in and energy prices continue to escalate, alongside an all-time high in industrial action and labour leading the polls. So what do our panel think 2023 will bring?
Janie Emmerson, Managing Partner – UK & Europe at Hanson Search, will sit in conversation with a panel of industry experts to explore:
- How can the government start to control the ever-increasing levels of industrial action whilst protecting the public purse?
- As a critical year for the conservatives as the next election looms closer, what key areas can they address to regain the public confidence?
- The costs of living crisis is now affecting almost everyone, how can the government do more to support the country through this challenging time?
Meet the Speakers:
- Dr Hannah White OBE – Deputy Director at the Institute for Government
Hannah leads the Institute’s programme of work on government, parliament and the civil service. Hannah has extensive knowledge of Westminster and Whitehall based on over a decade of experience in government. Her first book Held in contempt: what’s wrong with the House of Commons was published in April 2022.
- Anita Boateng - Partner at Portland Communications
Anita previously worked at FTI Consulting and at the highest level of government as a special adviser in the Cabinet Office, the Ministry of Justice and DWP.
- Jim Bligh - Director of Public Affairs, UK&I at PepsiCo
Jim is public affairs director at PepsiCo, representing some of the UK’s best-loved brands, including Walkers, Quaker and Pepsi Max. Previously, Jim was corporate affairs director at Indian IT major Tata Consultancy Services, a head of policy at the CBI, and visiting fellow at the Oxford Internet Institute.
Sign up for free here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tPOl5gSXTHigfEGPxZ60ew