Britain 2021: Highlights from our webinar on The Year Ahead in Politics
2020 was a year like no other, an ongoing global pandemic, turbulent Brexit negotiations, splintering across political parties and reoccurring national lockdowns, the government and country has been challenged like never before. As we now enter 2021, with Lockdown 3.0 imposed and schools closed again, how will the government get back on track to deliver their manifesto promises; what will the key government priorities be and what does ‘success’ look like during a global pandemic?
Hanson Search hosted a webinar on 13th January 2021 with a panel of experts to discuss what the policy goals, milestones and priorities will be for 2021.
Featuring our expert panel:
- Dr Hannah White OBE - Deputy Director at the Institute for Government
- Steve Hawkes - Head of Strategic Media at BCW
- Anita Boateng - Senior Director at FTI Consulting
- Jim Bligh - Corporate Affairs Director, UK&I at Tata Consultancy
In our discussion they explored the following:
- With COVID-19 dominating the agenda, how will the government navigate the year ahead and get back on track with their manifesto promises?
- How will the local and mayoral elections influence the agenda as we move towards these? How might the government's relationship with media influence this?
- In such turbulent times, and with constraints on the government's bandwidth outside of COVID-19, how can business best engage with government on their key issues?
- With the approval of the new Brexit deal, how will our trade negotiations influence the political agenda?
For more highlights and top tips from the discussion, feel free to view here:
Hanson Search regularly hosts events and workshops offering structured advice and industry insights on relevant topics. To keep you updated on our news and events, sign up here so that we can stay in touch!