Job title: Account Director
Sector: Generalist public affairs
Duration: Full-time role
Location: Central London
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Are you an ambitious communications/public affairs professional? Have you got good Westminster experience across a generalist range of sectors? If so, this opportunity might be for you.
The role includes responsibility for shaping and overseeing the delivery of client programmes, advising clients on the content and overall strategy of programmes and contributing to the smooth running of client accounts. The role will suit someone who understands the demands of integrated communications and enjoys working in a creative, forward thinking, fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a broad base of public affairs skills including policy development and analysis, strategic planning, stakeholder mapping and campaigning. You will be a member of the public affairs senior team and have direct line management of individual team members.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all client contact whilst offering strategic client counsel and act as client lead on billing and servicing
- Take an active role in the development of programme strategy for clients
- Participate in and, where appropriate, lead new business activities, including
- networking for leads
- Maintain an active network of contacts – media, political and corporate
- Provide clients with first hand political/media intelligence and insight highlighting the implications for the client’s business.
- Regularly contribute new content for the blog, actively tweet and be confident in helping develop social media strategies
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience of working with in a public affairs role, either in consultancy (preferable) or in-house background
- Communicate confidently with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Experience advising people at a senior level
- Present findings confidently, clearly and accurately
A generous benefits package would be offered alongside a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience.
To discuss this position more or to find out more information, please contact Luke Boobbyer at Hanson Search on 020 7632 1427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org