Senior Government Affairs Manager
This well-respected trade body has an excellent opportunity for a mid-senior level government affairs professional with a financial background to join them as Senior Government Affairs Manager.
In this role, you will work alongside the head of government affairs in taking the company to their next ambitious level, delivering strategic and engaging projects to a wide variety of exciting clients.
- Implement the UK’s government affairs strategy, both in Whitehall and devolved administrations
- Help to shape the messaging for use with key stakeholders, with particular focus on London and Scotland
- Identify key policy issues that represent threats and opportunities for the trade body and its members, and place strategies to ensure that the industry’s reputation and license to operate are protected and enhanced
- Build networks, gather intelligence and coordinate activity with stakeholders
- Produce regular analysis of political developments for members
- Develop internal briefing materials in advance of meetings held by the CEO or senior colleagues with key decision-makers
- Work alongside the membership and events team to deliver a program of policymaker events to support the objectives.
- Act as an ambassador for them in external meetings with senior members and stakeholders
- Substantial proven track record of working in a government affairs role (for example, in a government affairs consultancy, an in-house team), with a demonstrable ability to build and maintain a strong network of contacts
- A clear understanding of current affairs and relevant financial services public policy issues
- Strong knowledge and understanding of party politics and dynamics of all mainstream political parties, the UK government and parliamentary legislative process
- Excellent communicator: articulate and succinct, excellent command of written and spoken English, capable of acting as an ambassador and advocate with senior stakeholders
- Good political awareness and business judgement
- Strong people skills and ability to build relationships with policymakers, politicians and other stakeholders
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior-level government affairs manager to showcase their skills in an extremely well-respected organization. If the role is of interest, please submit your CV to Peter Ferguson on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of CVs, we will only be able to respond to applicants who are successful.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs