A highly respected organisation with a strong reputation in the tourism sector is looking for a head of public affairs to join their office in London.
You must be well-connected across UK government departments and with MPs from a range of parties. The role will involve developing and maintaining the organisation's leadership role in tourism policy, working with government opinion-formers and decision-makers in order to achieve a flourishing tourism industry.
Tourism is currently worth £127 billion to Britain’s economy. In this role, you will be working with the government in order to achieve a flourishing tourism industry.
- Deliver on our statutory role to advise the Government on tourism policy using research and market insights to inform data-driven decision making
- Manage the organisation's relationship with our key sponsoring department, DCMS, holding regular meetings and ensuring that Ministers are sighted on delivery and that we are delivering on the Government agenda
- Lead political engagement across Whitehall departments to ensure tourism is high on the agenda of Parliamentarians and policymakers and is considered in policymaking
- Lead as the coordinator of the Tourism Sector Deal working with industry to ensure that both Government and Industry deliver on their commitments to ensure the success of the tourism industry
- Knowledge of and demonstrable success of working in political/public affairs
- Proven track record in policy research and formulation
- Full understanding of the regulatory framework affecting private and public sector tourism organisations
If the role is of interest, please send your CV via the form below as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of CVs, we will only be able to respond to applicants who are successful.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs