A leading global FMCG giant is looking to hire a Head of Issues & Crisis Management at their HQ in Switzerland.
The organisation boasts a range of 2,000 brands and is committed to enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future for its consumers.
In this newly created role of Head of Crisis & Issues Management, you will head up a new global function within the business, with the objective of safeguarding its reputation during crises and improving the company's agility in a fast-paced market.
The Head of Crisis & Issues Management will create and operate a global crisis communication strategy and with your team develop a 360° impact with the company’s various stakeholders and audiences.
- Develop a global issue management communications strategy to ensure effective action on major reputational challenges
- Work with the global Media Relations, Content and Digital and Public Affairs teams on daily reactive issues management, overseeing the drafting of media statements and messaging
- Revamp the organisations global Position Statements, while addressing long-term strategic issues
- Review and enhance the businesses early warning network for issues
- Improve market resources and ensure easy accessibility to both online and human resources that support local issue management challenges
- Establish issue management function leadership internally and cement relationships with subject matter experts in a variety of global functions and businesses
- Review and further improve the digital issue management system and wider processes enhancing standards and ways of working throughout the company
- Review and improve the crisis management processes
- Experience in a relevant field such as sustainability, communications, economic or social sciences, international relations, political science
- Outstanding communications and English language skills (preferably native), both written and spoken
- At least 10 years working in a relevant communications field, either in-house or agency
- Issue management and international business experience a significant advantage
- Experience in successfully managing a team
- Strong interpersonal skills that balance persuasive communication and respect for others
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task and thrive in response to competing priorities and demands
- Strong written and verbal English, other languages desirable
If you have the relevant experience and this opportunity sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with a copy of your CV as soon as possible via the form below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs