Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Government Affairs Executive to join an award-winning team working in the financial services industry.
This is an ideal opportunity for an instinctive communicator with an interest in politics and the curiosity to take complicated subjects and make them accessible. Your organisational skills will be valued as they are looking for a colleague to help them organise and run events which bring together policymakers and the financial industry.
You will be working to champion the investment management industry, an industry which plays a major role in the economy, helping millions of individuals and families achieve their life goals by helping grow their savings and which invests, billions of pounds in companies and the financing of transport networks, hospitals, schools and housing projects.
Due to the coronavirus, this role will initially be home working. When circumstances allow you will be working from the client’s central London office. Flexible working is supported and encouraged.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of the client’s UK government affairs strategy, in Whitehall and Holyrood, ensuring the value of the investment management industry is understood by key regulators and policymakers across all political parties.
- Help to shape the investment management industry’s narrative and messaging for use with key stakeholders and produce advocacy materials that creatively and compellingly tell the story of the value of the investment management for policymakers.
- Build networks, gather intelligence and coordinate activity with stakeholders including key government departments, Parliament, thinktanks, the Bank of England and regulators
- Work with media relations colleagues in the corporate affairs team to ensure the team’s work is integrated across media and government relations and ensure consistency of messaging.
- Proven track record of working in a policy-related / public affairs / political role with a demonstrable ability to build and maintain a strong network of contacts.
- A clear understanding of current affairs and relevant financial services public policy issues.
- Excellent communicator: articulate and succinct, capable of acting as an ambassador and advocate with senior stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV via the form below.
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs