A global strategy consulting firm with a dozen global footprint working with senior executives on some of the most exciting strategic problems and questions. They specialise in Retail, Media, Comms & Technology, FMCG, B2B and B2C Services, and Private Equity. They pride themselves on combining sector expertise with a bespoke approach to every engagement, working collaboratively to generate new insight and lasting impact, with opportunities for the personal development of all their team.
The strategy consulting team in Media, Comms & Technology is growing rapidly and winning a project with differentiators on key topics, like:
- How can today’s media and entertainment companies innovate to get ahead?
- How best to create and monetise B2B data-sets?
- What is the nature and impact of the Internet of Things (IoT) on existing industries?
The client works with the world’s leading Media and Comms and Technology players both in the UK and abroad on the most important strategic questions they face. The team regularly collaborates internationally for corporate, investor and financing clients.
The Associate Partner role combines business development, project delivery, and involvement in building a practice (for example by contributing to publications or conference speeches). An AP may work on a single project initially, then increasingly oversee two simultaneously, or manage some business development activity. All APs are assisted in building a distinctive personal platform that will be the basis for them to succeed as a Partner.
- Thought leadership on strategy and diligence projects, from designing the approach to overseeing analysis to crystallising findings in a compelling way for clients.
- Leading OC&C project teams (typically 3-8 people on a project), including assisting team members to develop consulting skills; i.e. helping motivated and talented individuals to progress quickly.
- Rapidly establishing themselves in the eyes of clients as a very strong, professional manager who can provide genuine insight - and investing in client relationships beyond projects.
- Actively participating in sector team efforts to reinforce OC&C’s position as leaders in strategy consultancy in our chosen areas.
- Academics: good candidates will typically have an excellent first degree and in some cases an MBA from a leading business school (although that is not essential)
- More important to the client is relevant work experience, e.g.
- Outstanding track record of problem-solving, and achieving/exceeding objectives in a project-based environment, with the equivalent of 6-7 years’ experience of complex strategy consulting projects, including experience from a blue-chip and/or strategy consultancy group
- Excellent understanding of some part of the Media and/or Comms & Technology markets
- Experience of managing multiple workstreams and leading consulting teams
- Applied experience in translating key client issues into clear deliverables and implementing this advice
- A proven track record of developing successful relationships at the senior executive to Board level
Good candidates will be:
- Analytical, highly numerate, clear thinkers who are hypothesis and issue-driven.
- Intellectually curious, rigorous and creative.
- Commercially aware, able to recognise critical issues and dedicate attention accordingly.
- Very strong communicators, in writing or verbally, able to adapt effectively for different internal and external audiences.
- Pragmatic, enthusiastic and structured implementers with an ability to create and maintain pace whilst ensuring that energies are well focussed and channeled.
- Credible at Board level with the ability to relate well to clients and colleagues
- Strong business ethics: honest, respectful of others and culturally unbiased
- Down to earth, friendly and approachable
Register your interest below or go Back to jobs